Are you unable to play MOV file on your Mac devices? It might have got damaged!!! Unluckily, there are various causes that can be held responsible for it. Inaccessibility of MOV can be extremely irritating because your MOV file may contain your memorable video recording such as your family vacations, your child birthday party, baby first step, your wedding ceremony, etc. If you have backup of your MOV files then you can easily restore it back, but what if you do not have one? Well, you do not have to worry about it. As you can easily fix your unplayable MOV file on Mac and access those memorable moments. But before that let us know about MOV file format.
MOV is a video file format that is used globally. This video format is developed by Apple Inc and it is one of the best preferred video formats for Apple devices. At the starting MOV files was designed as QuickTime media container format to play video on Mac computer but it is now also supported on Windows OS devices. MOV video file format offer high picture quality. You can find lots of movies available over internet are in MOV format as well as there are several digital camera and video recording devices that records video in MOV format. This video file format can be played in QuickTime Media player and also in Windows Media player and VLC Media player. So, these are the great festers of MOV file. But as mentioned above if it is corrupt or damaged you cannot play them. There could be several reasons behind the corruption of this video file format. Let us find out some of the reasons.
Reasons why MOV files can’t be played on Mac system?
- If you have downloaded infected MOV file from internet then it can cause corruption to all other video files store in your Mac system, making them unplayable.
- If your media player is not functioning well then playing MOV file on it may damage your video file making them inaccessible.
- Interruption while downloading/transferring MOV videos to external media storage devices on Mac will possibly result in unplayable of video files.
- Sudden system shutdown, insufficient power supply while recording/playing MOV files can lead to MOV file corruption.
- Other causes like available of bad sectors in hard drive, damage to video/audio stream in the file, editing MOV video file on unauthorized third party tool, etc can all result in MOV file damage.
The causes mentioned above can easily corrupt or damaged your MOV files and it will refuse to play on Mac system. Hence, the only way to repair and restore MOV videos files on Mac is to make use of appropriate MOV recovery tool.
How to fix unplayable MOV files on Mac?
To fix unplayable or broken MOV file on Mac system one must use the appropriate Mac MOV file repair tool. This powerful is equipped with unique repair strategies that securely mend the MOV file that is not playing/working on Mac system. Moreover, MOV videos produced by using digital camcorders, iPhone, video recorders, etc can also be repaired with this tool. One can use this tool on almost all versions of Mac OS such as Mac Leopard, Snow Leopard and Mac Lion operating systems. The MOV file repair tool also come for Windows OS separately, hence Windows users can download the Windows version of the tool to perform MOV file repair and recovery on Windows based PCs.
Steps to Fix unplayable MOV file on Mac:
Step 3: The recovering process will start recovering the entire video file.
Step 4: After this you can see the preview of the repaired video file.
Step 5: After the file is repaired, then browse the file location where you want to save the repaired video file by clicking on the Save button.