MOV is a multimedia file format that has more than one multimedia tracks that can store several data lie audio, video, text or effects. Also, the entire track contains a digitally – coded media stream or data reference to the media stream in another file. It has powerful and very useful proprietary designed by Apple Inc that can be played on the systems, Windows as well as Mac computer through QuickTime player. MOV is the most widely used file system because of its architecture and supported by almost all popular web browsers. However, sometimes you will experience some black screen errors when you play MOV file. This error takes place due to corruption of the MOV file. Below you will get to know the reasons behind this corruption of MOV file:
Scenarios behind MOV file black screen error:
- Virus Attack: Virus attacks or malware attacks leads to corruption of the particular MOV file which results in MOV black screen errors.
- Header Corruption: Header contains all the information like size location, filename, etc. Because of the file system corruption in header file, MOV black screen errors takes place.
- Download Errors: If you get unexpected errors while downloading Quick Time MOV file from the internet then it allows getting MOV file black screen errors.
- Improper Conversion: The MOV files are converted to support other media player which may corrupt the MOV file. This can be another reason for MOV file black screen errors.
- Other Reasons: Some of the other causes for MOV black screen errors are corruption in storage media, abrupt system shutdown, power surge, etc.
How to fix Black screen error:
These are some of the common scenarios in which this error can takes place. However, these scenarios can be avoided by maintaining good power backup. You can use an appropriate media player to avoid header damage. An authorized antivirus can be used to avoid virus attacks. If you cannot take these precautions while using MOV file and avoid this error then you can take help of third party repair tool. In this case, you can make use of MOV File Repair Tool to fix this error easily. It is one the best option that simply allows you to repair and restore the damaged video.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Try to open or play MOV video file on compatible media players like Quick Time player in order to prevent corruption issues.
- Try to avoid any kind of interruption like sudden termination of media player or frequent power failure in order to avoid MOV file black screen.
- Always regularly backup important MOV video files and preserves it on other storage device.
Steps to FIX BLACK SCREEN ERROR:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Repair’ button in order to perform the repair task on MOV file.
Step 2: Add a healthy MOV file first for reference and then the corrupted MOV file. Then continue with the “Repair” button to start the repairing process.
Step 3: The recovering process will start recovering the entire video file.
Step 4: After this you can see the preview of the repaired video file.
Step 5: Now browse the file were you want to save the repaired MOV file by clicking on the “Save” button.