While playing MOV file and suddenly you find that you are unable to play the file. This generally happens when the index rebuilding for this file is incomplete and this leads to corruption. You would encounter the errors like required codec is not available, file format not supported etc. these error occurs due to corruption of the files. This file can be repaired with the help of third party software and that too in quick time.
How MOV files gets damaged?
This file gets damaged mainly due these three reasons; they are as follows:
- If the computer is infected by virus, then the file gets infected and corrupted, this makes the file inaccessible.
- If the header of the file gets damaged then the file becomes inaccessible to all media player. Because the data in the header is required to access the file.
- The file becomes unplayable when there are any codec issues and if the file accessed repeatedly when the media player is showing an error, this makes the file corrupt.
- If the file is stored in the camera, it may get corrupted due to faulty firmware.
- If the windows shut down improperly when the file is opened then the file may become corrupt.
- The file gets corrupt when it is transferred from one location to another location in the hard drive, before the completion of the process the power goes off.
- If the MOV file format is converted to another format and then it is brought back to its original format. If this process is repeated then the file gets corrupt.
- In the drive if there is any bad sector and the file gets saved in that sector, then the file becomes inaccessible and it gets corrupted.
If you have faced any of the above mentioned issues then you can fix the issue using MOV Repair Tool. This effective and amazing software can fix the header file, its duration, the quality of the video and any problems related to these files. Its algorithm scans and extracts video and audio stream from corrupt video files and creates a new video file. It also ensures that there would not be further corruption or modification to this video files.
The features of the software are as follows:
- Its application is very simple and user friendly.
- Using this advanced application you can repair corrupt video files.
- After the repairing process is complete, you can view the repaired file from the Preview option.
- Using this software you can repair the files of various audio and video codec.
Steps to Repair unplayable mov file for windows:
Step 3: The recovering process will start recovering the entire video file.
Step 4: After this you can see the preview of the repaired video file.
Step 5: After the file is repaired, then browse the file location where you want to save the repaired video file by clicking on the Save button.