The problem related to MOV files generally occur when it is updated to its latest version. Generally after the update Quick time would not recognize these files in the system. This updated video files would not open even on other media players. So, how can this issue are fixed? This can be resolved by using a third party tool to fix the problem.
QuickTime player is developed by Apple Inc. and it is one of the most effective media players. It would work on Windows Operating System. If one compares the quality of video with other video file formats, then MOV provides the best quality of picture and HD video quality. But there are issues with QuickTime player and sometimes it fails to recognize this vieo files.
Why MOV file format are not recognized by QuickTime?
There are some reasons why this files is not recognized by QuickTime player. They are as follows:
- Codec Issues: Quick Time player recognize this video file format by a specific codec. If the codec in the system are not matching with the codec of the QuickTime, then the player fails to recognize this video files.
- 2. Incorrect upgrade/ update process: On updating the new advancements of the Quick Time player to the current version or migration of older version to the latest one, an error might occur as the media player may not recognize the upgraded version. This may be the reason; Quick Time cannot recognize this file format.
- 3. Malfunctioning of Quick Time media player: Some logical errors such as unorthodox way of terminating the player, some files related to QuickTime media player are missing, software conflicts etc. may corrupt the video files that was played on it. This may lead to an error.
- 4. File corruption: This may be affected by virus, bad media spot on the hard disk the files are saved, incomplete transfer of video files or incomplete download etc.
The QuickTime media player may not recognize the video files due to any of the above mentioned reasons. The user may be worried that the files are not playing in their system. One can fix the issue by using a third party tool. By using MOV Repair Tool software can fix this problem. This software can be used for users with Window operating system.
Other Problems related to MOV files:
There are other problems related to these files, they are as follows:
- While transferring the video files there is a power surge during converting or downloading the video files, then the files gets damaged or corrupted.
- This file gets damaged when it is infected by virus.
- Switching off the camera when the video is running
- Sometimes the files get lost by accidental deletion.
These are the problems that may occur with the video files, but with the help of MOV Repair Tool, one can fix all types of error related to MOV files. This software is very user friendly and is easy to use.
Steps to resolve MOV File error that is not recognized by QuickTime :
Step 3: The recovering process will start recovering the entire video file.
Step 4: After this you can see the preview of the repaired video file.
Step 5: After the file is repaired, then browse the file location where you want to save the repaired video file by clicking on the Save button.